Buksér og Berging AS' Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) policy aims to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards of safety, environmental responsibility and quality in all activities.
The QHSE policy is built on the following principles:
- No business goals are more important than safeguarding the life and health of personnel and the protection of the environment
- Safety shall come first in all operations, accidents can be avoided
- Every individual is responsible for the quality of his/her own work, ensuring that operations are performed in a safe way without endangering his/her own life or health, or that of others
- In all our operations we shall consider the environmental effect and aim to minimize negative impact.
Our objectives are:
- To create a healthy working environment, which also stimulates each individual focus on safety
- To strive with determination to avoid all undesirable events
- To cooperate with our customers and suppliers to achieve the best attitudes and ambitious goals within QHSE
- To strive for a continuous improvement of our QHSE performance
- To increased the understanding of how the environment is affected by our operations and work for a continuous improvement towards a cleaner environment.
To be able to meet our required high standards, Buksér og Berging has developed a QHSE Management system that is based on certification in accordance with the ISM-Code, NS-ISO 9001:2008 and NS-ISO 14001:2004.
In 2002, the Company was ISM (International Safety Management) certified by Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
In 2011, the Company was certified in accordance with NS ISO 14001:2004.
The ISO 14001 standard specifies requirements for establishing environmentally friendly policies, procedures and goals. The Company is committed to conducting its operations in a manner that protects the environment, conserves energy and uses natural resources wisely. To do this, the company has established an environmental management system (EMS) in accordance with the standards as set forth in the ISO 14001 specifications.
In 2015, the Company was certified in accordance with NS ISO 9001:2008.
Through the Company's Operation Manuals, the policies and objectives of Buksér og Berging are implemented onboard our vessels. The Operating Manuals contain detailed descriptions of safe and effective operations, while taking into consideration the crew's health as well as environmental protection.
BB is qualified in the Achilles Joint Qualification System for suppliers to the oil industry in Europe. The qualification relates to the product and service categories Tugs/ROV Support, Crane Barges, Barges, Salvage Services and Rental of Equipment.(www.achilles.com
). Environmental policy
Buksér og Berging AS (BB) continuously works for an increased understanding of how the environment is affected and strives for continuous improvement towards a cleaner environment.
BB shall comply with all laws and regulations in relation to the environment - in all operations. We will manage our vessels and perform our operations with respect to minimizing environmental impact. We will assist and / or take action when pollution has occurred in areas where we operate.
BB has therefore committed itself to a continuous monitoring and improvement of the significant environmental aspects that are described in the environmental manual, including emissions to air and sea, produced waste, pollution of land and use of natural resources. Such improvement will be ensured through regular reviews of our environmental policy and implementation thereof.
BB mainly affects the environment through emissions from diesel engines on board our vessels. BB will emphasize environmental considerations in the development and construction of new vessels, encouraging our clients, contractors and other companies to emphasize environmental considerations when awarding contracts in the future.
BB will have an environmental program that includes continuous improvements in how we prevent emissions and discharge to the environment.